This was created by a very talented man who has created a lot of yummy recipes using the Ideal Protein products. He posts under the name FinnSteven on the 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet website and also has posted a lot of his recipes in a book format on Facebook.
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE VEGGIE PATTIES (IP Soup): If you have boxes of soup, but want something different or easier to transport and microwave to eat later, try making veggie patties. This recipe turns the traditional green bean casserole on its head for a tasty filling meal.
1 package IP Soup (Mushroom, Leek, or Chicken work best for taste)
1 can Green Beans (Canned actually work better than fresh, but both are ok)
2 egg whites, beaten
Sea salt and Pepper (I use a Pepper Mix with black, white, rose and chili)
A bit of extra water (up to 50 ml) if needed.
Optional: chopped raw onions or 1 tsp dried onion flakes
Optional: chopped mushrooms
2 tsp olive oil for cooking
1. Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt.
2. Mix in IP soup
3. Add salt, pepper.
4. If using, add onions.
5. Drizzle in just a bit of extra water if desired.
6. Drain can of green beans. Add in. (I use about 3/4 of the can. You can use more or less as desired)
8. Scoop out a patty size amount of batter and drop carefully onto a pan with a little olive oil in it. I usually fry 2-3 patties at a time.
9. Cook and flip.
10. When ready to eat, spraying the patties with a little “I Can’t Believe Its Not Butter” spray to give it a buttery casserole taste.